This past Saturday, The UVA Foundation, along with Bad to the Bone Endurance Sports, hosted the 2nd annual 4 the Wounded 5k! The on and off-road event that was held at the University of Virginia Research Park to raise money for Wounded Warrior Project, which benefits wounded veterans returning from overseas.
There were 984 Central Virginians running for a terrific, and often overlooked cause.
The mission of the Wounded Warrior Project’s Mission is to honor and empower wounded warriors. To foster the most successful, well-adjusted generation of wounded service members in our nation’s history.
- To raise awareness and enlist the public’s aid for the needs of injured service members.
- To help injured service members aid and assist each other.
- To provide unique, direct programs and services to meet the needs of injured service members.
- Memorial Day radiothon nets $13000 for Wounded Warrior Project (examiner.com)
- Wounded Warrior Project Chooses USAA Bank for Co-Branded Credit Card (prweb.com)
- Wounded Warriors and Communities Across the Country Unite for Day of Service (prweb.com)